Newsletter, 3 April
Preachers- April 10th -9.15 Tony Jasper 10. 45 Rev Ralph Ward
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Ralph is leading a weekly bible study group for Lent, The last one is Thurs 7th at 10 am. at High Street Methodist Church, Penzance. All are welcome.
Maundy Thursday- Madron at 7pm- Rev Ralph Ward
Good Friday- Chapel Street at 10 am
Easter Sunday- Combined Service at 10.45 at Chapel Street.
- Please pray for the people of Ukraine. As you know, the UK government has opened the homes for Ukraine scheme. The Methodist website is seeing a lot of updating in recent days in response to this.
- Bill Edwards -now in Treliske but still very poorly, no visitors allowed because of Covid.
- Mary Holland still suffering from the effects of the heart attack.
- May Carson not well and needing extra support.
- Remember those that we know who have Covid.
- There are some dates free for coffee mornings. Would you like to host one for your favourite charity? Easter Saturday is free. Could you help?
- Cleaners-Please can you help? Thanks so much to those who have offered to help with Chapel cleaning. It would be great to get another 2 people.
- Counting-There is a need for one more person to count the collection after the second service.
- Thank you so much for the lovely flowers that we have received from the CSMC family for Mothering Sunday.
- John Treleven says 'Thank you' for the beautiful flowers delivered
- Thanks to Frank who has sorted the heating throughout the winter and kept us warm as well as doing lots in the background.
News from Frank and Evelyn
We understand some kind people have enquired recently as to why we have not returned to Chapel Street. Due to Evelyn’s past treatment for Aplastic Anaemia she has been advised by doctors to continue to shield, especially at this time with Covid being so high in Penzance. This means that Frank has had to limit his contact with people as much as is practically possible. Along with this advice, we also care for Evelyn’s ninety-year-old mother, who is extremely vulnerable to Covid. She has a heart condition and is becoming increasingly frail.
We have been very appreciative of our home group who have supported us faithfully, as well as friends who have known of the situation we find ourselves in.
We continue to pray that God will to bless you all when you come together Sunday by Sunday to worship.
God Bless, Frank and Evelyn
- Monthly Breakfast-The next one is Monday 4th April. At ‘Family Hangout’ on the terrace next to Barclays Bank. For more information see Marie T.
- Coffee morning on April 9th. 10.30 – 12 md. Will be hosted by Marie Tregaskis for British Heart Foundation.
- PALM SUNDAY- April 10th at 3 pm. There will be an outdoor service in Mousehole on which the preacher will be Lord Griffiths of Burry Port - better known to Methodists as Revd Dr Leslie Griffiths, retired minister, and a former President of Conference.
- Safeguard Training There will be a Safeguarding foundation training session on Thursday 7th April, 10am to 1pm at Carbis Bay Scout hall. This is for anyone who needs to do the training either because they haven't yet done it, or because they last did the foundation level more than four years ago (unless they have done the Advanced level training since then). There are also online sessions on offer at Foundation and Advanced level - contact Jerry D. if you wish to do this.
Published at 8:47 on 3 April 2022