Newsletter, 17 April
John 3: verse 16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”.
Sunday April 24th- There is a united service at 10.45- Preacher is John Bennetts
- Please pray for the people of Ukraine and the situation there. As you know, the UK government has opened the Homes for Ukraine scheme. The Methodist website is seeing a lot of updating in recent days in response to this.
- Mary Holland is in Ponsandane Nursing home for a short period.
- The elderly housebound and those who can’t worship with us this Easter.
- For those that we know who have Covid.
- Rev Edwin Myers is away for 3 months from May for a sabbatical.
Bill Edwards' funeral service has been booked for Wednesday May 4th, commencing 1.45pm at Chapel Street. All are invited. Please remember his family in prayer.
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- There are some dates free for coffee mornings in May. Would you like to host one for your favourite charity? Would anyone like to do the coffee morning on Saturday April 30th, May 14th or May 21st please?
- Cleaners: Please can you help? Thanks so much to those who have offered to help with Chapel cleaning. It would be great to get another 2 people.
- Counting: There is a need for one more person to count the collection after the second service.
- Would anyone like to join the Mission Action Group? We only have 4 members at present.
To Karen A. for all her hard work on the forecourt this week. Thanks also to Karen A. and Beverly for all the extra cleaning this week.
- Tuesday 19th April at High Street Methodist Church at 11am: There is a sing a long for Easter. Margaret Varlow will be on the piano. Hot drinks available. Bring your lunch for afterwards or you can order chips in for 12 noon. All welcome.
- April 24th: Coffee morning will be hosted by Jane and Karen A. for RSPCA.
- May 2nd: Church Monthly Breakfast, at the “Family Hangout” on the terrace next to Barclays Bank. We meet at 9.30, love to see you there. For more information see Marie T.
- June 6th, 10 to 4 pm: There is a conference on “The rise of global Christian persecution” at Truro Methodist Church. Please see the notice board for details.
Please could you contact Doreen at email@example.com with anything for the newsletter? Thank you.
Published at 6:43 on 16 April 2022