Newsletter, 24 April
1 Peter 1 v 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
Sunday May 1st: United Service 10.45. Preacher is Rev Ralph Ward.
- Please pray for the people of Ukraine and the situation there. As you know, the UK government has opened the Homes for Ukraine scheme. The Methodist website is seeing a lot of updating in recent days in response to this.
- Mary Holland who is in Ponsandane Nursing home for a short period. She sends love to all.
- Rev Edwin Myers is away for 3 months from May for a sabbatical.
- Rev Matt Fugill as he joins us in September.
Bill Edwards' funeral service has been booked for Wednesday May 4th, commencing 1.45pm at Chapel Street. All are invited. Please remember his family in prayer.
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- There are some dates free for coffee mornings in May. Would you like to host one for your favourite charity? Would anyone like to do the coffee morning on Saturday May 14th or May 21st please?
- Cleaners: Please can you help? Thanks so much to those who have offered to help with Chapel cleaning. It would be great to get another 2 people.
- Counting: There is a need for one more person to count the collection after the second service.
- Would it be good to have a rota for locking Church after the Sunday service? If you have keys and are willing to be on the rota, please let Doreen know.
- Rev Matt Fugill, who will be joining us in September, will actually be living in Praa Sands as his wife Rebecca will be a probationer minister in the Lizard and Mounts Bay Circuit. The LAMB circuit have bought a new manse for them, Chy Bron, and they are asking for people from our circuit to join them at 10.00am on Saturday 30th April to do some cleaning.
- Thank you also to Varfell Farm who donated the flowers for Mothering Sunday and Easter. Thanks also to Mary Bennetts and all who helped decorate the Chapel for Easter and deliver flowers to the sick and housebound on Monday.
- Thank you to all attended the coffee morning on Saturday for the World Children’s Cancer.
We have been in contact with the mission. They are sending out from Penzance desperately needed items to Moldova. This is a poor country who have welcomed those fleeing Ukraine. There is a box in the foyer for items which are needed. They are also much in need of financial help to cover transport costs. There has been £200 donated to them this week from the Chapel Tithe emergency fund.
- April 30th Mary Bennetts will do the Coffee morning for Shelterbox.
- A big THANK YOU to Paul Gray, who has organised the breakfast zoom on Monday mornings all through lockdown. We are very grateful to Paul for all the time he put into this. As we are now back to the monthly breakfast we will not be zooming. Meet in person for breakfast or a coffee at the Family Hangout on the first Monday of the month from 9.30am. The next one is the 2nd May. If you can let Marie know if you will be wanting breakfast it would help Nikki and Linda prepare -contact Marie - 01736 363042 or text 07773903370.
- On Sunday May 1st at 3.00pm the Chapel Street Ensemble present 'A Little Night Music', with the chamber music group playing Mozart's 'Eine kleine Nachtmusik', Schubert's magical 'Notturno', Martin Butler's atmospheric 'Sequenza Notturna' and finishing with Brahms' gloriously lyrical, elegiac Clarinet Quintet. Tickets £10 on the door.
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly District Methodist Women in Britain Spring District Days, May 10th in Chacewater and May 11th in Gunnislake. Please see the notice board for details.
Please could you contact Doreen at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything for the newsletter? Thank you.
Published at 7:12 on 24 April 2022