Newsletter, 8 May
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Services: May 15th 9.15 Linda Stevens, 10.45 Rev Ward.
- Please pray for the people of Ukraine and the situation there. As you know, the UK government has opened the Homes for Ukraine scheme. The Methodist website is seeing a lot of updating in recent days in response to this.
- The family of Bill Edwards.
- Mary Holland as she moves to Chypons.
- Mary Chappell still in Falmouth Hospital.
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- Counting weekly collections - we need two people for months when there are five Sundays (about once a quarter) and to stand by when anyone on the rota for other Sundays are unable to be there Counting. There is also a need for one more person to count the collection after the second service.
- Would it be good to have a rota for locking Church after the Sunday service?. If you have keys and are willing to be on the rota, please let Doreen know.
- Wesley Rock Messy Church needs more helpers who enjoy children and have up-to-date DBS and safeguarding training. We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 4 to 6 pm. Contact Linda Stevens on email@example.com.
- John and Mary B's daughter, Rachel, is bringing her Community to camp at Growethva, week beginning 30th May. Please, does anyone have BBQs that they could borrow?
Congratulations to Norman Hosking on celebrating his 90th birthday this week.
- Thank you to Mary Bennetts for hosting the coffee morning last week.
- Thank you to all those who play in the band on Sundays. You are very much appreciated.
We have been in contact with the mission. They are sending out from Penzance desperately needed items to Moldova. This is a poor country who have welcomed those fleeing Ukraine. There is a box in the foyer for items which are needed. They are also much in need of financial help to cover transport costs. There has been £200 donated to them this week from the Chapel Tithe emergency fund.
- Jane Jones will host the coffee morning on May 14th.
- Penzance Choral Society present Stabat Mater on Sat 21st May at 7.30 in the Chapel.
- At the last Stewards' meeting, the old office was discussed and it was thought it may be possible to make it into a much-needed storage room. Can you pass any ideas or thoughts, please, to any of the stewards and then we will have a meeting to look at the way forward?
- The new plans are in the foyer. Please can you fill in the lists offering to welcome before the services or to host coffee mornings. Thank you.
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly District Methodist Women in Britain Spring District Days. May 10th in Chacewater and May 11th in Gunnislake. Please see the notice board for details.
Please could you contact Doreen at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything for the newsletter? Thank you.
Published at 7:29 on 8 May 2022