Newsletter, 29 May
“They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
Pentecost, June 5th, 9.15 Rev Ward – communion 10.45 Rev Ward.
- Chapel Street Book Group: June 3rd, Friday. Meet in the church at 10 a.m. on the first Friday of the month, new readers always welcome. Any questions please contact Sandra on 01736 362115.
- Chapel Street Music
- Today, Sunday May 29th at 3.00pm, Chapel Street Music, in collaboration with Carn to Cove, will present a Concert of English Song with the baritone Julien Van Mellaerts and Timothy Dean, piano. Tickets will be available on the door, but please also book in advance at www.carntocove.co.uk. Julien is one of the finest young baritones in the UK, and one of the most gifted singers of his generation. There will be a rich variety of song by Finzi, Vaughan Williams, Herbert Howells and Ivor Gurney. Most definitely an opportunity not to be missed!
- Over the weekend of June 3-5, the Chapel Street Music Festival will present four concerts/events over three days. An attractive and exciting range of events, some free, with something for everyone! Further details at www.chapelstreetmusic.co.uk.
At the Stewards' meeting, the old office was discussed. It was thought it may be possible to make it into a much-needed storage room. Can you pass any ideas or thoughts please to any of the stewards please?
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- Alison Gunderson is sadly leaving the post of Circuit Administrator. The advert for her replacement and application form for the vacancy are on the circuit website (westcornwallmethodists.org.uk) “There is somebody out there who is right for this and will do a brilliant job”.
- Do you support a particular charity? If so, would you like to do a coffee morning for that Charity? There is no one hosting the coffee morning for next week and several weeks in the next few months. If you can help, there is a list on the welcome desk.
- Please can you let Doreen know if you can help on Mazey Day. We need some people free to be in the Chapel and others to serve cakes, tea and coffee. Even if you can manage one hour it would help. We will put a list out to be completed but we just need to know we have enough people who can help in order to open the Church and serve tea and coffee on Mazey Day.
- If you can help with welcoming on Sundays, please can you put your name by the dates on the list? Thank you.
Please could you contact Doreen at email@example.com with anything for the newsletter? Thank you.
Published at 14:48 on 28 May 2022