Newsletter, 12 June
Service, June 19th: There is no 9.15 service. 10.45 Rev Ward.
Jeremiah 29 verse 11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
- The people of Ukraine and the situation there.
- Remember Mary Chapell and Mary Holland, who are both in hospital.
- All of our Church family who are unwell or housebound.
- David Gallie’s (Margaret Baker’s brother's) funeral is at Chapel Street on June 17th at 11 am.
Mazey Day, Sat .June 25th
We plan to open the Church on Mazey Day to welcome people and serve tea, coffee and cake. We need people who could
- make cakes;
- serve cakes and drinks on the day;
- be available in and around the Church on the day and be free to talk to those coming in;
- move the chairs at the beginning and end of the day;
- help clear up later in the day.
It would also be really helpful if there was someone who could help with planning the Saturday refreshment.
Please can you talk to Doreen or put your name on the list in the Foyer if you can help in any way.
- The AGM is being held on Sunday 10th July 2022. It will be held after the 10:45am service. Forms for the election to the Church Council marked 'Election to the Church Council' are in the foyer. Please fill them in if you would like to nominate someone as a representative on the Church Council. Forms for the election of Church Stewards are also in the foyer. There is also the opportunity to nominate others for the role. Please fill in the form if you would like to nominate someone to be a Church Steward.
- Coffee Morning on Saturday June 18th is going to be hosted by Jane Jones.
Thanks to all the band for their commitment every Sunday.
Val Hocking has completed her amazing cycling challenge for Cancer Research and those who have sponsored her need to give her the money please.
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- Do you support a particular charity? If so, would you like to do a coffee morning for that Charity?
- If you can help with welcoming on Sundays, please can you put your name by the dates on the list. Thank you.
Please could you contact Doreen at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything for the newsletter. Thank you.
Published at 15:30 on 11 June 2022