Newsletter, 26 June
Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again. Rejoice.
Welcome to everyone who has joined us for the service today.
Services and Events
July 3rd: 9.15 and 10.45, John Bennetts.
July 10th: Church AGM.
On 24th July, Rev Loraine Mellor, Chair of the Cornwall District, will be the preacher at a combined service at 10.45.
- The people of Ukraine and the situation there.
- Remember Mary Holland, who is still in Camborne/Redruth hospital.
- All of our Church family who are unwell or housebound.
- Those of our Church family who have Covid.
- Mazey Weekend. Thanks to Karen A. who has worked so hard to get the courtyard looking amazing for Mazey Day. A huge Thank You.
- Thank you to everyone who does the Church Flowers.
- Thank you, Angela, for the flowers from your garden in the windows last week and this week for Mazey Day.
- Monthly Breakfast. The next one is on Monday July 4th at ‘Family Hangout’ on the terrace next to Barclays Bank. For more information, see Marie T.
- The book group meets on July 1st and the first Friday of each month. If you are interested, contact Sandra on 01736 362115.
- The AGM is being held on Sunday 10th July 2022. It will be held after the 10:45 am service. Forms for the election to the Church Council marked 'Election to the Church Council' are in the foyer. Please fill them in if you would like to nominate someone as a representative on the Church Council. Forms for the election of Church Stewards are also in the foyer. There is also the opportunity to nominate others for the role. Please fill in the form if you would like to nominate someone to be a Church Steward.
- Coffee Morning July 2nd will be hosted by Mary Bennetts.
- Methodist Women in Britain: Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Penmorvah Experience from 21st-23rd Nov or 23rd-25th Nov. The details are in the Foyer.
- July 16th: Andrea and Mark Hotchkin, who work with BMS, are in Penzance in July. They are attending the coffee morning and giving a talk about their work in Bardai. The coffee morning starts at 10.30 am. Andrea and Mark will hopefully talk about their work at 11 am. Please come and support them. (Andrea is Marie Hazell’s daughter).
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- Do you support a particular charity? If so, would you like to do a coffee morning for that Charity?
- If you can help with welcoming on Sundays, please can you put your name by the dates on the list. Thank you.
Please could you email Doreen on email@example.com if you have anything for Church Newsletter. Thank you.
Published at 15:54 on 26 June 2022