Newsletter, 17 July
Psalm 144 v2. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer.
Today we look forward to welcoming 18 months old twins and their family as the twins are being baptised
Services and Events
24th July, 10:45: Rev Loraine Mellor, the Chairman of the District, will be the preacher at a combined service at 10.45.
August 28th: The last service at Gulval at 11 am. Chapel Street will be closed on that day, so that we can come together at Gulval to support them and mark the occasion together.
- The people of Ukraine and the situation there.
- Those in hospitals and undergoing tests.
- All of our Church family who are unwell or housebound.
- Those of our Church family who have Covid.
- There are weekly concerts in the Chapel on a Wednesday at 12.30 until Oct 5th. July 20th: Corineus String Quartet.
- Coffee Morning-July 23rd Teresa- Servants to Asia’s Urban Poor.
- There is a Gospel event taking place in Falmouth on Tuesday the 9th of August 2022. It will be a day focused on Gospel Music, with workshops taking place throughout the day and a big concert with three Gospel choirs in the evening.
- Methodist Women in Britain, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly: Penmorvah Experience from 21st-23rd Nov or 23rd-25th Nov. The details are in the Foyer,
- Thanks to everyone who does the flowers and also those who take them to the housebound or those who are not well.
- Kay Mappin, Violet Asendorf and Georgina Grey thank us for the flowers and send their greeting to the Church family.
Alison Gunderson is retiring as Circuit Administrator on 31st July after many years of excellent service. The Circuit are planning a presentation. Contributions can be made direct to the church bank account. Please contact Paul Symons for details.
We have a new Circuit Administrator. Tania Bird is a member in the Lizard and Mounts Bay Circuit. This is an answer to prayer.
First Aid Boxes
If you use anything from the first aid box or find something missing, please inform Val Hocking so she can replace items asap.
Please don't forget to log any medical incident, no matter how small, in the log book in the foyer.
We love to see people stay for coffee and tea after the service. Could we use the whole Foyer or the Church so that it makes it easier for those serving and should prevent accidents?
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- Is there anyone who would like to go on the rota for doing teas and coffees after the morning 10.45 service please, It is once every 5 weeks?
- CTIPA Food Bank- The food bank needs more drivers. If anyone can help, please see Doreen for details. They are also short of meat meals in tins, meat soups, carrots and sweet corn, fruit juice and washing up liquid and washing powder and plastic bags. . There is a box in the foyer or you can put them in the boxes in the supermarkets such as Tesco and Morrisons.
Please could you contact Doreen at email@example.com with anything for the newsletter. Thank you.
Published at 14:45 on 17 July 2022