Newsletter, 24 July
Hebrews 12:1-2, "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith".
Today we welcome Rev Loraine Mellor, the Chairman of the Methodist Cornwall District, who will lead our worship this morning.
Services and Events
31 July, 10:45: 9:15 and 10:45: Tony Jasper.
August 28th: The last service at Gulval at 11 am. Chapel Street will be closed on that day, so that we can come together at Gulval to support them and mark the occasion together.
- The people of Ukraine and the situation there.
- Those in hospitals and undergoing tests.
- All of our Church family who are unwell or housebound.
- August 1st- Breakfast or coffee 9.30 am at the Family Hangout. All Welcome. It would be lovely to see you. If you can let Marie know if you will be wanting breakfast it would help Nikki and Linda prepare -contact Marie - 01736 363042 or text 07773903370.
- There are weekly concerts in the Chapel on a Wednesday at 12.30 until Oct 5th. July 27th The concert this Wednesday is: Bridget Pearce (Violin), Heinichen Ensemble.
- The newly named Living Stones choir from St Ives will be in concert on Sunday August 14 at 7.30 p.m. The choir is a merger of St Ives Gospel and St Ives Community choirs, under the leadership of William Thomas. Free admission
- Coffee Morning-July 30th will be hosted by Tony Jasper for World Children Cancer.
- There is a Gospel event taking place in Falmouth on Tuesday the 9th of August 2022. It will be a day focused on Gospel Music, with workshops taking place throughout the day and a big concert with three Gospel choirs in the evening.
- We have an URGENT need for a Church treasurer.
- CTIPA Food Bank- The food bank needs more drivers. If anyone can help, please see Doreen for details. They are also short of meat meals in tins, meat soups, cooking oil, UHT milk. There is a box in the foyer or you can put them in the boxes in the supermarkets such as Tesco and Morrisons.
- Thanks to Andrea and Mark Hotchkin for giving up their time last Saturday to keep us informed about their work in Bardai. Thank you to all who attended the coffee morning. The money made was £95 and was given to Andrea and Mark.
- Thanks to all who have helped with Little Fishes this year. There is no Little Fishes now until September.
- Thank you to all who contributed to Alison Gunderson’s retirement present.
Please could you contact Doreen at email@example.com with anything for the newsletter. Thank you.
Published at 7:31 on 24 July 2022